computer watch warranty
CREST computer watch products are provided by CREST with limited liability warranty. For the warranty method and details, please refer to this product warranty description.
CREST offers a conditional product warranty
CREST provides a conditional product warranty for buyers who purchase diving computers and diving computer accessories (hereinafter referred to as products).
During the product warranty period, CREST or CREST authorized agents or distributors will improve the possible hardware defects of the product in accordance with the provisions of this warranty. These improvement measures may include free repairs, product replacement in whole or in part, and chargeable repairs, the details of which will be determined by CREST at its sole discretion. If local regulations provide otherwise for consumer rights, they are not limited by this clause.
The effectiveness of this warranty clause is limited to the country where the product was originally purchased, and the product is also a product officially authorized by CREST to be legally distributed, sold and serviced locally.
The warranty period of the product will start from the date when the consumer purchases the product and provides a formal proof of purchase, and the judgment standard will be determined by CREST at its sole discretion. If the product is within the warranty period and meets the warranty conditions and free repair and replacement standards, the original factory will provide free repair and parts replacement, and return the product to the consumer within a reasonable period. Consumers still need to bear the shipping cost to the CREST authorized dealer for repair, or other service charges that may arise.
The details are as follows:
- The main body of the diving computer enjoys a one-year conditional factory warranty (Taiwan region enjoys a two-year conditional factory warranty)
- The original warranty period will not be extended if the product is sent back to the original factory for repair, a new/good product is replaced after repair, or the product is resold.
- If the repaired product returned after repair during the warranty period is in the same condition as the requested repair within three months, CREST will provide a free repair in order to protect the rights and interests of consumers.
Exclusions and Limitations
This conditional warranty does not cover:
- Wear and tear from normal use.
- Problems caused by mishandling such as collision with sharp objects, bending, crushing or dropping.
- Improper use in violation of CREST's original regulations/instructions, resulting in product damage or failure (for example: operating in a manner that does not comply with the product manual), and other behaviors beyond the scope of reasonable use.
- Corruption of the settings, data content or other information inside the dive computer. Whether it is the user manual that comes with the goods or obtained through downloading, or the software provided by a third party, or even the information obtained by the user; problems arising from the installation, assembly, and delivery processes.
- Failures caused by the use of services, software, accessories or any related products provided by non-original manufacturers; or failures caused by using CREST products for purposes other than the original design.
- Failures caused by self-replacement of batteries, self-disassembly and assembly.
Warranty clauses will be automatically invalidated in the following situations:
- The product serial number has been manually removed, altered, worn or defaced beyond recognition.
- The product itself has been disassembled, altered, modified, or handed over to non-CREST original authorized certified agents or distributors for relevant testing and maintenance.
- The product has been repaired using non-factory supplied parts or consumables.
- The impact of products exposed to chemical substances, such as computer watches being sprayed with anti-mosquito liquid, chemical sprays containing ammonia or alcohol and other solvents.
How to obtain CREST warranty service
To obtain warranty maintenance services, please refer to the customer service information in the manual, or check the assistance resources on the original factory website. Original website: www.crestdiving.com. If you need to claim the warranty rights, please contact the local CREST authorized agents and distributors. For relevant bases and contact information, please visit the original website.
If the product is within the warranty period and meets the warranty conditions and free repair and replacement standards, the original factory will provide free repair and parts replacement, and return the product to the consumer within a reasonable period. The decision to provide product repair or replace new products will be determined by CREST or CREST authorized distributors. If the warranty period has expired or does not meet the warranty conditions or the standard for free repair and replacement, the product sent for repair will no longer enjoy free service, and CREST or CREST authorized dealers will reserve the right to charge for repair and processing fees.
When consumers find that there is a problem with the product, they must submit a warranty claim within a reasonable period and request warranty repair rights. Please bring the product to the CREST dealer base to request warranty repair. Consumers need to provide: the buyer's name, contact number, and produce proof of purchase. The purchase certificate must clearly record the product model, product serial number, purchaser's name, contact number, purchase date, dealer information and other detailed information. If consumers want to send it for repair by mail, please send the product and the above information to the local CREST authorized dealer at their own expense.
In any case, all warranty claims must be made before the expiration of the warranty period in order to claim the warranty rights. CREST cannot guarantee that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or completely error-free, or that the product will be compatible with hardware or software provided by other manufacturers.